Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, February 3, 2023

The Asheville watershed

  

Here's the first photo I've ever seen of the Asheville reservoir, in Black Mountain, named the Burnett Reservoir or North Fork Reservoir.

I'm involved with the Swanannoa River Watershed, which is slightly east of this reservoir, including a lot of the Black Mountain area.. The river that feeds the reservoir would have originally gone into the Swanannoa, which ends up in the French Broad River in Asheville.

Today's quote:
 

Stay close to anything that makes you glad you are alive.

HAFIZ

15 comments:

  1. ...caring for watersheds is important and often misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go by signs around here that say this is the Asheville watershed, so you can't pull off the road. I guess that's one way to try to keep the litter problem down. But when I think of all the cars driving and then the water flowing off those roads, I am heart-sick. I filter my water for drinking.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I wish I could give credit to the photographer. I'll keep looking.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful view of the watershed and dam. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's amazing. Have a great weekend. I'm looking forward to your critters tomorrow!

      Delete
  4. That is such a beautiful view of the mountains and reservoir there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no way to drive and look at the dam or spillway...they are behind fences. So this shot is wonderful to see.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Oh you're such a clown, or is it the pain reliever talking?

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! And though all the rain we've had maes for some dreary days, I remind myself that it's replenishing the water table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m glad it’s not drying up like some of the ones out west.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.