Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, February 20, 2023

Last summer's blooms

  

These beautiful roses are near my apartment.

A few years ago I had purple petunias. Then I went back to red geraniums. I wonder what I'll do this summer.

We did learn what this strange bloom is, at the Arboretum...but I've forgotten now.

We were there early in growing season...I'd like to go back and see plants all over that tower.

Today's Quote:
"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock" Thomas Jefferson

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers and plants. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...that is Arum maculatum, the berries are poisonous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad to know the name. Not about to eat the berries!

      Delete
  3. Are you looking forward to summer by any chance? 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to say, but we're deep into spring already. Very strange February!

      Delete
  4. I love seeing the summer flowers. It's like looking into the promise of a beautiful and colorful future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just threw caution to the winds...let's enjoy what we have...and the grey winds of winter might not be so inspiring, so then there are the files of zillions of photos! And here it can be below freezing at night, and in the 60s the next day...more days than not in February this year. I keep wondering if this is real spring. The birds think so!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.