Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Feb. grey still

 

idiolatry noun: Self worship.


I can think of a few people who follow this trend.

My plants? Glad you asked. But the view from my windows is pretty grey. I can look down to the ground below and see tiny shoots of green coming up crocus and daffodils. January was warm. One good week of cold, then the rest pretty much warm.







No matter what groundhogs say (and they are no different than most other rodents) there's more winter still to come. Thus says this wise older woman. After all, I've lived through a lot more Februarys than that rodent!

Our weather yesterday turned from grey to rain which is due to continue today. Fortunately we are warm enough to not have the bad ice and snow that Texas on east has had this week.


Today's quote:
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. -Dr. Seuss, author and illustrator 
(1904-1991)

Sharing with Floral Friday...


12 comments:

  1. ...spring will come in due time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says someone who is also wise, but perhaps not as old as this person!

      Delete
  2. I love your orchid blooms. I do not think my orchid will bloom again. The weather here is either very cold and almost spring like. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, have a good day while we bundle against just the 40 something degree rain.

      Delete
  3. As always, Iike YOR FLOWER PICS.(CAPS), especially the ones with the bare trees behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks. I am pretty much out of anything else. Let's see, I could start posting spring, but that will just make me feel sad I'm afraid.

      Delete
  4. I love what you wrote about the groundhog... yes, we do know more than that rodent. Perfect! Winter is still here and will be for a while. Your flowers are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it. About winter lingering around for a while. Thanks for likeing my flowers.

      Delete
  5. Hope your spirit has brightened with all the green you have in your place to cheer you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gradual process...I went to grocery yesterday and came home too tired to cook everything I bought. So today is cooking day!

      Delete
  6. What beautiful plants! I lizt almost all of mine, just no good with houseplants anymore. Hang in there, Barb, the sun will return soon!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.