Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, February 24, 2023

Some views from around the mountains

  


My favorite little creek as it tumbles over rocks...Flat Creek.

Looking east from a Blue Ridge Parkway overlook.


I loved this old tree...it has certainly seen lots of storms on this exposed site.

Today's quote:
All religions united with government are more or less inimical to liberty. All, separated from government, are compatible with liberty. -Henry Clay, statesman and orator (1777-1852)

20 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful and spectacular place to live

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have access to some fine geography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad most of it (which I photograph) is accessible by car!

      Delete
  3. Pretty views of the creek and the mountains. Take care, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the views there. That old tree is so beautiful. Happy Weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the old tree...not everyone sees its beauty.

      Delete
  5. Love the new header. Is that from this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even with his signature on the photo, I spelled his name wrong, Jack Ollis.

      Delete
  6. The views of the creek are beautiful. My favorite is the first one, You new header is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are only so many view of a creek that one can share at a time. I'm glad you liked Jack Ottis' photography.

      Delete
    2. Mispelled the photographer's name, he's Jack Ollis.

      Delete
    3. I'm putting up a recent pic of my own on the header...don't want to get sued here!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.