Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

A day in the life of an almost 81 year old

First an appology for the mess of changes I went through with blogger color schemes last evening. 

 What I should be doing...

Clean laundry waiting to be folded and put away. Hello Barbara? Are you out there anywhere? 

What I end up doing. This was the day before we had the smoke warnings. You can see the haze had already begun, but the particulates were only in the 40s. Later that week they went over 100.

Early walk at the lake with a friend. That bird on the post is not seen here often, rather more at the rivers. Anhinga or Cormorant.

I'm actually proud of 20 minutes of walking with 2 breaks to sit and rest.


I counted photography in my break times, rather than my movement times.




Mama Mallard was a bit befuddled. She took the kids up onto the grass, then turned right around and went back to the water.

So we deserved a nice coffee break at Four Sisters Bakery...where I had the biggest fresh almond croissant I've ever seen.


Today's quote: (I didn't know that!)

There are times when we must sink to the bottom of our misery to understand truth, just as we must descend to the bottom of a well to see the stars in broad daylight. 
-Vaclav Havel, writer, Czech Republic president (1936-2011)











14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Nice views of the lake and birds. Your croissant looks delicious. I was hoping our latest rain would help clear the skies.
    Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for a few days we've had low particulates in the air. Of course those fireworks may have added some. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. ...I am trying to walk more too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to go out again in a few minutes...as soon as I'm awake enough to drive over to the lake to meet a friend who usually goes around the lake 2-3 times to my one. But hey, she's at least 20 years younger than I am!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you're taking walks whenever you can. I always love seeing what you are seeing there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I think I should spend more time being active. Sitting here at the computer doesn't count, does it!

      Delete
  4. A profound quote from a good man..and a good playwright too

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be proud of walking, and deserved that croissant. Lovely photos, Barb. Laundry can always wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it. And when the mood strikes to be clean and tidy, I do outdo myself!

      Delete
  6. You should be able to see stars from down there, but the view would be pretty restricted to a small area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that completely amazing. Why doesn't that work by just pointing a telescope up in daytime? What makes the stars visible?

      Delete
  7. If it helps, I only seem to fold up laundry on the morning I do laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laundry can wait. Summer does not last long enough to get out and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.