Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sunday at another place on Flat Creek

 After church last Sunday I drove up to Montreat (on Hwy 9, it's only road in and out of town.) 


I wanted to see a different area of the creek which forms the backbone (being the lowest part) of this valley. Here's a poor panorama shot showing the back of the tennis courts on far right, the creek itself, and a bridge between the parking area and the 2 lane Hwy 9.


I did not find peace and quiet in which to "recharge my psychic energies" this time. There were little people and their families all over the running water and the rocks.




I think it's great that these young people are exploring nature and finding what they can do climbing the rocks.

Since this is a cool shady valley, rhododendrons were still in bloom everywhere.


I had to wait my turn to get on the bridge to take photos.



I was pleased enough just to find this spot, which was new to me. It's great to know my little favorite creek still has new surprises for me to discover.

Today's quote:

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. -Niels Bohr, physicist, Nobel laureate (1885-1962)

Those physists! If you know what he was talking about, another profound truth, please let me know!


12 comments:

  1. I imagine that the park is busiest on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well at least in the afternoon. There are many churches in the valley!

      Delete
  2. ...a little bit of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to be true...and attracting children and families is a good thing.

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    Beautiful photos, the creek is lovely. It is a nice spot to cool off on a hot day. Take care, have a happy day and a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water is always chilly, though continues flowing all winter. Yes the temperature does drop when in the rocky wet areas.

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely walk. It would be so much fun to be in the beautiful creek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love to rock hop going upstream in a mountain creek...or down, which was harder on the knees. No more, thank you very much!

      Delete
  5. That looks like a nice place to enjoy nature. I imagine the sound of the creek is soothing when there are fewer people around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that it is. Laughing and shouting kids keeps that from happening sometimes...or the everpresent dog-walkers who assure me their pup doesn't need to be on a leash. Argh!

      Delete
  6. It's hard to find a public place on weekends that isn't full of folks. But what a beautiful spot!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.