Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Friday, July 14, 2023

Simple pleasures

 At 8:30 am (early for me) the clouds/fog haven't dried up yet so mountains aren't visible!



There don't appear to be any evening primroses growing here this year. 



My friend who walks twice as far as I do, wanted company while doing errands in Asheville. So we stopped for breakfast at...iHop. By then July heat had arrived and the mountains probably could have been viewed...but we saw just traffic and parking lots!

It was pretty darn good, and simple fare. Though I took some home in a box, I ate it around lunchtime.


Today's quote:

Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.

LEONARD COHEN

3 comments:

  1. ...sleeping in is a simple pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I am hungry as I await my third cup to finish brewing. It has been a very long morning. We’ll get to it on the blog some time.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.