Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Friday, October 20, 2023

An Oct. Tailgate visit

Let's go to the Tailgate Market in Black Mountain...

Photos from Sat. Oct. 7, sunny but with a cold wind.

I was late arriving, but just had 2 things in mind to purchase.

Locally grown apples (I got 3 kinds, grown in Hendersonville NC)

And a couple of Cherokee Tomatoes, which are heritage tomatoes. Mmm, I might try drying some seeds, oops, forgot, I can't raise any food on my porch because the bears might like it.


The band was still playing, then I swung to the opposite side of the market area and found the mudbuddies, huddled up with the wind. Their site had sun earlier, but was shaded by then.




This is Amelia Packer's new platter, blessed by the maple tree!

My flower bouquet, and I've since taken out the Chinese Lanterns to dry them. 

I got the organic pears and avocado from a grocery...but there are my 3 apples and 2 tomatoes. I actually lost them because I put my reusable cloth shopping bag on the table, and forgot about them for a day or so! But they weren't any the worse for it. Chu, the vendor who sold the beautiful flowers and tomatoes, said the tomatoes were ok to eat with a bit of green on them. So I shall!

Today's quote:
Being in situations that we might not choose, allows us to see ourselves in a new light.






12 comments:

  1. Love your bouquet. The flowers, apples and tomatoes looks beautiful. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like having the fruit around to look at...and then eat of course.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The Tailgate people do a great job of putting the morning sales out. I wish more people would do their purchasing there. Since I don't meet my cousins till lunch time tomorrow, I plan to drop by and pick up a few yummy things.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fruit--I bought some pears yesterday. Tis the season...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pears are so good...and now that they've developed this strain that ripens from the inside, I have to watch out and eat them quickly before the inside goes bad. Really delicious even when still hard on the outside!

      Delete
  4. I love those tomatoes, they are so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and it's time to buy some more, if they still have any for sale. It's kind of late in the season.

      Delete
  5. That looks like a fun market with a lot of good stuff for sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to measure my choices so I don't spend too much time just "booth looking."

      Delete
  6. A good market. That cat looks relaxed.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.