Black Mountain

Flat Creek greenways trail (known as Emilee's Walk) on March 13, 2024

Monday, January 20, 2014

Are you a runner?

I once in my youth, way back in the dark ages, liked to run.  That was before the days when it was called jogging.  Anyway, now I'm much slower to move.

Here's a quote.  Sometimes people commented that they liked them, so I'll try to remember to add them when I can.


All the children who are held and loved...will know how to love others. Spread these virtues in the world. Nothing more need be done.
Meng Zi, c. 300 BCE

2 comments:

  1. And talking of quotes, wasn't it Joan Rivers who said "the first time I see a jogger smiling I might consider it"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a runner, never have been. I used to get out and walk some - but seemed to manage to fall on a regular basis. I always hugged and held my little girl - She's now 36, has two little girls of her own, and is a wonderful person, daughter, mom, and school teacher. She told me once, she may never be rich, but she "knows" she's making a difference in a lot of kids' lives. Oh, and she has a wonderful husband, who loves to cook. How good can it get??

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.