Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Thursday, September 21, 2023

A wee bit early

 Early rising for me yesterday...before the sun rose. I suddenly thought as I came out of complete lack of thought, "Bird does fly"...and then next I realized "Mouth is dry." So with that rhyme motivating me, I turned off the C-Pap and did the next things one does.

Then I had a busy day, walking at the lake, meeting friends for lunch, taking my friend who lives up on a mountain with her own broken wing to the doctor and back home. She dislocated her shoulder a week ago, and this may have been her first outing after the ER and the Orthopedic visit. 

I came home and took a nap. 


It's not even October yet...and our management of Blue Ridge Apartments is putting Thanksgiving signs out. Hey, what about Halloween y'all?


Today's quote:

If I can do no more, let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. -Louisa May Alcott, writer and reformist (1832-1888)

11 comments:

  1. A good day...and indeed, first things first.. Halloween..aka the Celtic New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this Saturday is the equinox...which never gets any decorations!

      Delete
  2. TG stuff is more appropriate here as it is only a few weeks away. We just ordered a turkey or at least part of a turkey. Oh, we've ordered pies too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on pies for thanksgiving. That reminds me, I've got a tofurkey in the freezer that needs to be cooked or tossed out. My freezer likes to dehydrate everything, so I must eat them pretty quickly.

      Delete
  3. I am not sure if I mentioned I like your header photo and the fall decorations look pretty. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed the first view of that scene yesterday...because the first shot seemed somewhat blurry. Glad to have decorations that are fall oriented. The cooler days and nights are delightful!

      Delete
    2. I changed the first view of that scene yesterday...because the first shot seemed somewhat blurry. Glad to have decorations that are fall oriented. The cooler days and nights are delightful!

      Delete
  4. ...early? There are Christmas decorations in the stores, that's early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice of you to take. your neighbor to the doctor. It's lovely when we can help our neighbors.
    We're seeing Christmas decorations in some stores already. It's crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch.

    As AC said, our Thanksgiving is in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.