Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Saturday, September 9, 2023

On the streets (or the curb)

 

Sharing with Sepia Saturday this week. Theme is "On the street." Yes that little guy is indeed sitting on a curb!






Children enjoying the streets of New York 1957


The opening of the Eiffle Tower during 1889 World's Fair, Paris France 

Atlanta's Five Points area in 1892.

Undated post card of Atlanta's Five Points

Hope you'll check out other's who post at Sepia Saturday! There aren't all that many of us regulars...but we'd always welcome anyone who wants to share old photos, on or off the weekly theme! (I admit to being off-topic more than I'm on, but they haven't thrown me out yet!)

And for anyone who read my blog this last week, yesterday I went to the dentist and she made me a new tooth out of what was left from the broken off part. It looks very nice, and shows how others in my face have stains...shouldn't drink coffee I guess. But in a few weeks she said I could get those teeth fixed the same way. Whoopee. At least a temporary fix. 


Today's quote:

What is called discretion in men is called cunning in animals. 
-Jean de la Fontaine, poet and fabulist (1621-1695





12 comments:

  1. Great collection of sepia photos, The first one is my favorite. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of pictures, especially the happy urchin with the banjo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a great photo of joy! And a dog singing along!

      Delete
  3. Nice old photos and great news about your new tooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I'm so happy, want to share it with you all!

      Delete
  4. The Eiffel Tower one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I love your opening photo and I'm a bit envious that I don't have the original in my collection! That kid looks like he knows how to play and the dog probably sings too. Recently as I was out and about in Asheville I noticed that almost everyone seated is looking at their smart phone, or if they are walking, they are either looking at it or have ear buds on and are talking to invisible friends. The world may be more connected electronically but the old manner of greeting and talking to people on the street has disappeared. Glad to read your dentist could help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good collection for the theme. I did not post this week as nothing came to mind to do with the theme. Working on some other family history stuff at the moment for which alas there are no photos...

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.