Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Lovely dinner for one








I tried sitting alone in Fresh restaurant, waiting to be given at least a drink. (never came) I received a menu, and knew what I wanted already. After 10 minutes I decided I could just as well take it as take-out.

Shrimp Scampi does pack ok, and stays hot once I'm on my way. 
I learned only two waitpersons were working Sunday noon shift. (They sure could learn to change that!)


The welcoming red door at Fresh Restaurant

As I waited another 25 minutes, most of it spent in the car reading my mail, I noticed this little white pup sitting on his owners lap while she ate. A real pup. 


Both the working servers wore their body art for all to see. The hostess even pitched in and handed out menus to the new-comers. I gladly went home and munched half of my shrimp and a third of the angel hair, and saved the side salad for dinner. Oh so good!! Left overs will be 2 more servings of angel hair. They didn't bother to sprinkle parmesan on it though, so luckily I had some in my fridge.


Today's quote:

In the garden of life, what have the weeds taught me?

“’One is the human Spirit…’ Into this depth let us silently sink our roots. There lies our only source of peace.” 

–Br. David Steindl-Rast, from his meditation at the 30th Anniversary of the United Nations in 1975

13 comments:

  1. The service does sound slow, the take out was a good choice. Your dinner sounds yummy. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been there Saturdays more often than Sunday noon...now I know. But it was a bit strange that I had to wait another 10 minutes after the receptionist said it was being "plated."

      Delete
  2. ...one of these days there will be nursing homes full old ladies with tattoos that will not be recognizable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like a nice place but not firing on all cylinders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent food, simple environment...just the kind of thing I like (though the prices have gone up so if I can get 2 meals out of one, is the only way I can afford it!)

      Delete
  4. Love the two od ladies on the bench! And I'm going to have to make shrimp scampi soon--yours sounded so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking all over for people being happy! Love to share those photos! Yes, for dinner for two, making it at home is the best choice. I actually got 3 servings of angel hair, and the delicious garlic sauce...only 2 of shrimp however.

      Delete
  5. Take away has been my go to since Covid started. I've been in restaurants a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice for easy meals...as long as you can afford it.

      Delete
  6. I would give that place a miss in the future. Did you leave an online review? I sure would. That is really unacceptable service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughts. I like their food too much, and other days the service isn't that bad. So I may be only going there once a month. There aren't all that many places in Black Mountain that I do go to eat. I have a few favorites, and then when there's a new one, a friend and I do try it out. But she's vegan so has less choices than I do, being pescatarian who also eats chicken occasionaly!

      Delete
  7. I just looked through a lot of Inge Look's postcards, which don't seem to be limited as they are posted on pinterest all over the place. Alas, she didn't paint the one of the ladies with the laughing cat! At least it's not anywhere in the 50 or so that I saw! More Inge Look's fun prints will be coming here, as I love the joyful people depicted. So they're somewhat similar to my own description...

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.