Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Saturday, September 30, 2023

A chair is a chair...until

 Big News for me:

For years my friends and family have heard me say I want a recliner. They're probably sick of hearing about it. So last week I picked out one. It did take two stores, and dragging along a friend so I could have courage to spend so much money and just to even go shopping. I hate shopping, because, well I do hate spending a lot of money.  

But the second store had just the right one, a name brand but less that the name brand store where we'd first seen it. Or maybe it came in white in the first store...(excuse me, but I know better than that!) And asking for different upholstery would have cost about $200 more! Anyway I bought this one for almost half the price, though I did have to pay for shipping. Not that much considering where I live.

And this last Wednesday morning it was delivered. 






Ah, now to get comfy to watch my favorite shows that are streaming. I'm so glad the writer's have made new contracts and are back to work. It might just improve the shows that are offered...wait wait, the season usually starts in Sept. Oh well. I'm in the first season of a couple years worth of the new version of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan. Much of the violence is now against Taliban and ISIS. Strange to see same names pop up in relationships, while so much time is dedicated to trying to explain the Muslim extremists' actions. 

And for the joy of living...as well as sitting!


Louis Armstrong, 7 years old



8 comments:

  1. Hello Barbara,
    You new chair looks comfy, we have one just like it. My hubby's favorite chair. Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy. Mine is a bit wider with the arms rests a little lower, so I can get n my sides if need be. Mine is also much older, and I fear it falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That new chair looks so comfy. We had one like that when my mom was living with us. I wish we still had it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Nice to be able to put your feet up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A comfortable chair is nice, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.