Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Friday, September 1, 2023

Beyond Land Acknowledgement: Towards Reparations and Healing

A screen shot, and unfortunately my screen is not hi def. But there's the QR code. A great conference coming Sept. 30 at the Reuters Center of UNCA, Asheville NC. All presenters are Cherokee. No registration at the door. Registration closes Sept. 25. Webinar option available! Sorry, I just realized the links don't work from a photograph. I'll try to give the actual poster as soon as possible, for my friends in the Asheville area.


9 comments:

  1. ...white Europeans have a rich history of being thieves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the descendants of those land-hungry settlers are acknowledging the land had belonged to someone else first.

      Delete
  2. I can not imagine the GOP helping to heal, they would continue to steal land. Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange, I wouldn't have politicized this. But us who acknowledge the Tribes of today are decendants of the original land owners are making public the message that there are a lot of peaceful ways to move forward, including a whole day of listening to speakers and musicians who are Natives. It's an opportunity to live our principles of our faiths. Not just Chrisitan, I hasten to add.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I have planned to go ever since I heard this opportunity was coming. However my health has been demanding attention so much. But I will reserve my ticket and hope for the best!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.