Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

The View out my Window

 

Yes, through the screen. From raising the blinds in the bathroom window, I can see my porch plants...the basil at bottom going to flower, the geranium in left side without any blooms. But oh that coleus is so wonderful to glimpse (usually through the blinds!)

It's a cool Monday, 57 when I woke, and only 68 now at almost noon. Sweater weather is here. And shawls. I took some things out to the car for the Swannanoa Valley Christian Ministries which has a food pantry, as well as clothes for those in need. I should have a bundle of clothes for them soon too. I picked up the mail, and noticed I was short of breath. There went my idea of trying to walk up or down the hill in the parking lot.

Inside again to nebulize with saline solution, and then shake shake shake with the Thera-vest which only goes around my back...to loosen up anything else. I'm right now finishing my brunch, so don't feel like shaking it up.

Hope you have a great week...though I notice this won't get posted till it's half over! But I'm still in the here and now...going, going, go....ing.


Today's quote:

Poetry is a sort of homecoming. -Paul Celan, poet and translator (1920-1970)

17 comments:

  1. Nice view out your window. I hope all is well. Take care, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling a bit better Tues, and Wed. looks promising. I walked at the lake (not around) Tues. and plan to do so today.

      Delete
  2. We're having a pretty standard week, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice view so you can check on your plants. Hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for good wishes. Today (Wed) I am able to walk distances by just moving slowly, though when I tried to do Qi Gong breathing exercises I found my limitation!

      Delete
  4. I am glad you pay attention to how your body is feeling, Barb. Smart to act before any real trouble starts. That coleus is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, if I could only figure out all the messages from the various parts of this old bod! I'm trying to go slower, and yet there are breathing limits. Thanks for coleus comment. I have fertilized it twice, and it tells me when it needs water, the leaves all bend down in sadness!

      Delete
  5. A lovely view of your coleus. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, it is a joy, and I'm happy that the apartments around me get to enjoy it also. As they walk by, or out some of their windows.

      Delete
  6. Nice to keep an eye on your plants. It is getting chillier here too, time to rearrange the living room to get the house plants back in from the greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are enjoying some amazing weather just ow in WNC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love this time of year when sweaters, hoodies or shawls are the attire of the day?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coleus really dresses up the window.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.