Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Neighborhood looks

 One day I actually made it puff puff puffing up the hill of our parking lot, and found the apartments in the building at the top of the hill had pretty decorations. Stopping to take a pic also helped me catch my breath!

Now there's a lady with a green thumb! I love seeing everything growing up and up all over her entryway.


A promise of fall color from those mums. I was surprised to see a hummingbird feeder at ground level. I thought we could only hang them on balconies, where hopefully hungry bears couldn't reach them. Mmm.

And her next door neighbor also has a hummer feeder...along with some seasonal colors.

I feel very fortunate to be able to walk anywhere, compared to some neighbors who are wheelchair bound. At the vascular center I noticed a man with only one leg in a wheel chair. It made me feel so grateful to still have two. Simple things.


Han Chingli, Inner Mongolian Child.


Today's quote:

We will be known forever by the tracks we leave.

DAKOTA PROVERB

16 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The plants and fall decorations are beautiful. I still have my hummingbird feeder up, I saw a hummer at the feeder yesterday. I hope no bears are around your place now. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, no bears have been around for the last month that I know of. Glad you have hummers still. Do they stay the winter there?

      Delete
  2. Those little flowerpot displays are quite charming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always interested in what can be grown in a flowerpot!

      Delete
  3. ...every day that I'm verticle is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that picture of the Mongolian child!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be puffing up the hill too since I live in the flatlands and then I'd have leg cramps at night so yay you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get some foot cramps, but taking magnesium vitimins seems too help a lot.

      Delete
  6. I was surprised to read about the bears liking the hummingbird feeders, but then I remembered when one knocked down our feeder when we were living in the Sierra foothills. Oh yes, they really do need to be high up. Love seeing that deck full of plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing a bear likes better than honey, all prepared for a hummingbird...yummy! I may try more plants that grow vines next year...and am definitely going to try some sunflowers!

      Delete
  7. I like all those plants and the fall decorations, they add a touch of beauty to their surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since our apartments are all exactly alike, it's good to personalize the entrances as much as possible.

      Delete
  8. So nice the way everyone puts their personal touch on their entryways. We still have a hummingbird feeder up, just in case there are stragglers. We saw 2 just the other day.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.