Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Just found miscellaneous things to share...

 Last Monday I had my annual ultrasound vein test for my feet and legs...something related to my heart. Last year it was pretty darn good...because I think, my arm blood pressure is staying pretty low, and they do a percentage comparing leg to arms to find my "efficiency level." It was about 0. 96 last year. This year it went over 1.2 on each leg. The PA who saw me was very happy.

So even though my walks are slow, with resting, I've increased the muscles in my legs to help those veins work better. I made it all the way around the lake by the next-to-last try last week. Well, the last try was later in the day and hot sun, so I quit and just turned around after making it to take a few pics of wildflowers, and one for some tourists of themselves.

I'll post them tomorrow!





These strange Mexican dolls grace the windowsill at Ole' Guacamoles Restaurant in Black Mountain. But oh, there are so many other decorations there!



No wonder artists have trouble retiring...the work just continues inside us...though in my case I don't produce physical art, but have switched to photos and blogs.






Today's quote:

Jon Stewart said "If you don't stick to your values when they're being tested, they're not values — they're hobbies.


Sharing with Thankful Thursday

16 comments:

  1. Good news and results from your ultrasounds. Walking is good for you. The Mexican dolls are cute. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm completely amazed at these results. Who could have figured?

      Delete
  2. ...new leaves are always welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's especially good considering the heat from the fires.

      Delete
  3. Your ultrasound test results sound so good. I am so happy for you. Keep on walking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certainly being given a positive reason to continue my walking...at turtle pace!

      Delete
  4. Good for you, Barb! It sounds like you are making real progress. I was happy to see the new leaves on the banyan tree. Life can be so surprising in its tenacity.
    Like that quote too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Banyan tree is such a good sign for the people in Lahaina.

      Delete
  5. Good for you on your tests..one step at a time...Love your photos, this is my first time visiting through Thankful Thursday.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog...this is a fun group of whoever wants to make a comment, and I try to reply...unless it's after my bedtime.

      Delete
  6. Great news on the ultrasound results. Steady walking is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I'm affirmed in continuing...looking for some chilly walks in the future.

      Delete
  7. I like your quote. It's what we see a lot these days. Politicians are smiling from posters along the roads .... Blablabla ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear that you are improving. My dad is having similar issues, so I understand. Thanks for linking up and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.