Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Friday, September 22, 2023

The only fall color

When I got out of the car I spotted the only bit of fall color, that little yellow tree.


Though all the other leaves on the maple were green, I spied this underneath it.

NOW: Back home, the lavender has done very well this summer, for its first year!

BEFORE: Soon after repotting, June 30.

ALSO BEFORE: Aug. 24

...and here are all those basil leaves that I won't be picking...as I'm letting it go to seed. I wonder if the seeds might be viable for spring planting. I have much more interest in the spring than I do now, for plants at least.

Today's quote:
The man who dies rich dies disgraced. -Andrew Carnegie, industrialist  (1835-1919)

Do you think that's true?


Sharing with Skywatch Friday

14 comments:

  1. We only have a few pretty colorful trees here too. Some leaves have turned brown and fallen already, maybe due to the drought. I am glad your lavender is doing well. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear from you each day Eileen. Yes, the weatherman has said we won't have much color this fall. It's ok, I've memories of beautiful ones!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks William. I'm also glad to see your comments each day!

      Delete
  3. We were noticing last night the first signs of color on a mountain across the valley--on one side the trees look kind of tarnished--a precursor to fall color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the higher elevations will see color before places like the little lake where I walk. Black Mountain is in the 2400 foot range.

      Delete
  4. You are a tad bit ahead of NE Oklahoma for fall color though I can tell that the trees are thinking about changing color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you in a plains area, or some hills, or some mountains? I've never visited NE Oklahoma!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ah, spoken like a true Canadian! So glad you'll be sharing some of your scenes when they come about.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you will get more color soon.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.