Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Thursday, July 20, 2023

A quick vist to my friend's garden

 Helen has a very nicely planned garden with lots of butterfly attracting flowers!

First the flowers up next to the house as you walk along the driveway.






Tom told me orange blackberry lily! Want to remember it by typing it heere!

Aren't these cute daylilies that copy tiger lilies!


A nice seating area in her back yard...with more flowers around to the right, but we had places to go so I didn't get to walk around and take more photos.


I told my friend I liked this big evergreen (the first one) because it's branches droop down then sweep up at the ends. Her favorite was the next one, a white pine. Now I have to identify this one, she thinks might be a hemlock.

(I know it's not this one...because, Eastern Hemlock below)


I'm guessing it's a kind of fir...hope my tree-savy friends will save me here!

(Yay, Tom came through with Norway Spruce!!)





Today's quote:

It's like, at the end, there's this surprise quiz: Am I proud of me? I gave my life to become the person I am right now. Was it worth what I paid? 

-Richard Bach, writer (b. Jun 1936)


11 comments:

  1. ...the orange blackberry lily is neat. The big evergreen looks like a Norway spruce, they age gracefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, somehow I knew that, but got befuddled by Norway in the name.

      Delete
  2. It is also daisy and coneflower season here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can share this season with beautiful flowers everywhere!

      Delete
  3. Hello,
    I love all the flowers, especially daisies. The tall trees are beautiful. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you also have a great day. It's cooler here at night, which is delighful when we don't have smoke.

      Delete
  4. The flowers there are so beautiful. I love your friend's backyard. So lovely there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when she doesn't answer her phone she's outside reading or watching the birds. I don't blame her one bit!

      Delete
  5. What a great backyard to hang out in. Love seeing all those flowers. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must offer many hours of pleasure to her and her husband.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.