Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Sunday, July 2, 2023

Taking a trail

 


A sorry panorama which still shows the high creek after rainy week.


Coming up the road, there is a trail going up a slope to the right - just past that oak hydrangea.
There used to be quite a few wild "natural" things growing like weeds along here, including thistles. I was sorry to see none were left now. 





This trail goes along the creek from higher up, and walkers can go right up into the college in the town of Montreat. 



My selfie is to remind me that this is my place of "energy recharging."


This is a rushing creek, but not roaring. It has a constant sound which can draw one to it from a distance.




Today's quote: 

Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.

ÓSCAR ROMERO



13 comments:

  1. A lovely walk, the trail and greenery is pretty. I love the creek. We are still seeing some mountain laurel blooming. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great that you have mountain laurel still in bloom. They are so pretty.

      Delete
  2. ...green is a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, green in nature is gorgeous. I tend to not like the various pigments which have been invented by people.

      Delete
  3. It looks delightful. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love where you go for your "energy recharging." A truly beautiful walk there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried another spot today, because there was such a crowd at my usual parking lot. But all over the area was full of tourists, so I left them to their pleasure in the creek and rocks.

      Delete
  5. Lovely! I wish we had such a creek on our property.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had friend who's property did back onto the creek, and during a flood a few years ago they lost quite a bit of their backyard...so brought in lots of rocks and built it back up again.

      Delete
  6. The trail would recharge me too. It is a beautiful trail to walk and live close to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need some solitude on the walks in the woods...today there were way too many people for me to get recharged (not the day these photos were taken.)

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.