Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Thursday, July 6, 2023

A small German restaurant

 


Some simple murals painted on the wall, where no windows come through to the inside of the restaurant.



We chose to eat in the back back dining room...they are staggered along the length of the building. And one of us had a Rubin Sandwich while two of us had the special...and I forgot to take photos of them. The Schnitzel either had mushroom cream sauce, or beer cheese sauce on it. I had beer cheese, and the question was, is this a kind of cheese called beer cheese, or is just cheese sauce made with beer? I'm still of the opinion there's a kind of cheese called beer cheese.

But by the time deserts came, the Apple Strudel and the German Chocolate Cake had to have photos!




This is the only cake that I like coconut on, and it was very nice and moist.

Today's quote:

Vernon Duke. said, “Every dogma has its day, but good music lives forever.”




13 comments:

  1. ...let's start with dessert!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to take a small bit of the cake home, which didn't last till the next day!

      Delete
  2. Hello,
    I like the murals. The apple strudel looks yummy, my favorite. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would have enjoyed this apple strudel too!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They've been on that wall ever since I moved here 16 years ago. It was the restaurant where we ate after unloading my truck when I moved...a fare that included some nice beers as well.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was. I have been eating out more freqently and need to look seriously at my budget, because the prices are a lot higher now than previously.

      Delete
  5. I bet you go back sometime for a repeat performance. :) The apple strudel looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will enjoy going there again. Yes, and I had that German chocolate cake, so I missed the wonderful strudel.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.