Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Saturday, July 1, 2023

And just like that...

 IT'S JULY!

Happy first of July! Birthday of a dear friend I was once married to. 

I consider it the hottest month, but a lot of people choose August.

It is vacation time all over the northern hemisphere. I hope you have a good month ahead...whatever you may be doing. 


My sons Tai and Russ sprinting along on Cumberland Island, about 1990?


Other son making fresh blueberry daquiris...unknown date.


Individual sports...shown by daughter-in-law Kendra.


...or team sports with Kate, Caroline, their mom Michelle, and Audrey!


Or camping in the Smokeys with all the comforts of home! My 90's photo with less baggage and a strange time of curly hair.

And a wish for a good month for all, rabbit rabbit!

Today's quote:

Ursula Le Guin “I am going to be rather hard-nosed and say that if you have to find devices to coax yourself to stay focused on writing, perhaps you should not be writing what you’re writing. And, if this lack of motivation is a constant problem, perhaps writing is not your forte. I mean, what is the problem? If writing bores you, that is pretty fatal. If that is not the case, but you find that it is hard going and it just doesn’t flow, well, what did you expect? It is work; art is work.”

Sharing with Sepia Saturday this week!

While Alan has been on his holiday we sure have jumbled up our posts! So I'm adding today's date to my post this time!

Skywatch Friday also has some great photos, with vacations starting the theme this week!



23 comments:

  1. Good morning, Barb, and Happy July! Love the family photos. Certainly an interesting and active bunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are three more grands who are not outdoorsy at all. Love them for who they are. Happy July!

      Delete
  2. Happy July to you! Wonderful memories and family photos. Have a great 4th of July weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Eileen. Enjoyed the critters on your post today.

      Delete
  3. Love these family photos, especially the one of the beautiful young you. Happy first of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a kick out of seeing old photos with different hair styles. I was always one to try new things!

      Delete
  4. First of all, I love the headline photo you used of the B&B garden. Beautiful. And the rest of your chosen photos of family and friends enjoying themselves one way and another are wonderful. Yes, summer is finally upon us. In Calif. we were wondering if it was ever going to show up? It has been a very unusual June for us. But - Shazam! - it showed up yesterday in full force at 105 degrees! Oof. Thank heaven the house and cars have AC. We're headed for Lake Tahoe in a couple of weeks for the annual family reunion. Not sure how many of us there will be this year? As we age fewer of us are able to make the trip - especially those of us coming from SC and AZ. Also, the younger set are beginning to want to get together without the older folks which is too bad, but I understand. We've had it good for 32 years of lovely reunions so can't really complain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you have good weather at the lake for the reunion. It does make a special occaision to be with relations from a distance...even though we now can phone, text and all at any time. In person is special still!

      Delete
  5. Happy July. Great family photos and memories. Time is moving at a fast clip right now, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes, and the same for you. May July be a month of joy and abundance.

      Delete
  6. Lovely family photos, you all look so happy in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan, of course. If we didn't look happy, another photo would be taken, or it would just be tossed. I love all my relatives!

      Delete
  7. Some great shots, happy 1st of July :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's July already? Time continues to get ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about these long days of sunshine, I keep finding time to do so much more! It's exhausting.

      Delete
  9. I find myself being a bit excited about summer, though we no longer travel. I remember to joy of long days with nothing to do but read or maybe go to the pool--or sailing, when I got older. Now I'm trying to force myself to take advantage of the heat and stay inside of work o watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You asked about Canada Day food. I've never associated the day with food, but I imagine that many hot dogs are eaten where people gather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. July always seems hotter to me too. Having lived several years in Savannah though, the mountains of North Carolina still remain a pleasant treat despite global climate change. I've been to Cumberland Island and it's a fantastic place but I've always preferred the Atlantic coast in the fall and winter. The recent reports on the dreadful "heat dome" over Texas have made me grateful we moved to a higher and cooler elevation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful that you shared family photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had a very sunny and hot June here, but July has started out chilly and rainy. One never quite knows!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Baywatch TV show danced in my mind when I saw your picture of your boys on Cumberland Island, my favorite island! We cruised there in 2002.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.