Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Cold Wet Thursday

 How about some good news?

As Wednesday let go of it's heat, a wonderful cool breeze came down from the moutains to the north. I sat with other residents on the porch in a rocking chair enjoying the change in the weather!

My weather app said Thurs had a chance of showers and storms all day long. It wasn't wrong.


Thursday wasn't just wet, it was very cool. ALL DAY LONG! Sorry to all you folks in the southwest. It was too cold by 4 to have the windows open, and I'd been wearing a shawl all day on my shoulders... It also was damp feeling, so I'm glad to have cooled down, and now maybe dry off things.


I was happy to capture these sweet planters which were arranged by some of our residents. I like the combination of different plants.


Today's quote:

The ultimate sense of security will be when we come to recognize that we are all part of one human race. Our primary allegiance is to the human race and not to one particular color or border. I think the sooner we renounce the sanctity of these many identities and try to identify ourselves with the human race the sooner we will get a better world and a safer world. 

-Mohamed ElBaradei, diplomat, Nobel laureate (b. 1942)

7 comments:

  1. ...your flowers look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one, cool, old lady. At least you were on Thursday. 🤓

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that things cooled down there. You and your beautiful flowers enjoy every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Answering Tom: I guess these are happy flowers, though I've run into a few wild ones here and there!
    TO AC: there were several of us rocking away in the cool breeze...I loved the windows open to it all day!
    TO ROBIN: It was a nice day, followed by regular summer days. We haven't become regular with afternoon showers though. They seem hit or miss whenever!
    WHY you ask, am I not replying to your comments? Remember they show up with this huge blacck background? That's why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like a cooldown after hot weather. It has been so pleasant here the last 2 days. I will hate to see it end.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.