Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Monday, July 24, 2023

Meet you at the Drip...

  Dripolator CoffeeHouse that is...


My iced decaf Americano didn't last long!

A bit of change to the seating area. The whole place was rennovated a few months ago, and the differences are somewhat underplayed. New counter, and more space behind it for baristas.




They still honored my "special customer card" which will eventually give me a free something or another (after 10 purchases.)

I noticed the entrance and exit door doesn't press to close on you, which definitely used to make it hard to go out with a drink in hand. There is a lighter color scheme, but less area for singles to work (now just 3 bench seats with tables). Lots of folks come here for free wi-fi still. But they'd prefer to use a table for 4 rather than sit right next to someone who can look at your screen. Of course!

But you know I'll be back. It's a traditional meeting place for Black Mountainers.

And a PS for today: I just figured out why we eat toast with the buttered side up. I had to try a few bites the other way, and found I had a buttered lower lip as well as chin. Who knew...

Second PS is that I've decided writing two blogs daily has gotten out of hand for me, so find me doing updates on my other blog When I Was 69 (now 80).


Today's quote:

A writer must refuse to allow himself to be transformed into an institution. 

-Jean-Paul Sartre, writer and philosopher (1905-1980)

14 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Looks like a nice coffee house for you to meet up with your friends. It is hard keeping just one blog. Take care, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...I finally switched to a more comfortable color scheme...so maybe every once in a while I'll be over here. If only there weren't so many Opinionated things I have to share!

      Delete
  2. You are a mountainer without being a mountaineer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I have a couple of places that do have that characteristic.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a nice comfy place for getting a good cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Yes, an occaisional coffee with friends is very nice there!

      Delete
  5. A charming little coffeehouse! I remember meeting you there some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fond memory. I've worked right around the corner from it, at the Community Clay Studio for 12 years...up till the pandemic.

      Delete
  6. I like that name. I had an old coffee pot from the 30s called a Dripolator. Made the best coffee ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m not surprised that doing two blogs has become burdensome. It takes a bit of effort to do just one.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.