Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Tree trimmers

 

Whirring of chain saws, then the roar of a chipper. The trees were being trimmed the other day.

I went out for a while, and when I came home, I decided not to park under this tree...


He called out each time he sent a branch down, and they were usually just dead ones...and somehow he got them through the tangle of the leaves to the other workers on the ground. I asked if I could go through, and they said, OK, so be careful. Not too many leaves and sticks on the sidewalk, and they were all cleared away by the evening, when I moved my car to a more respectable parking space.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, and these maples are really hard to climb around in...unless you're a squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tree trimming is such important work. It's good to have it done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that way the next big wind won't damage our cars (parked all along the hill).

      Delete
  3. They can be very good at this. It tends to impress the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely would want a rope around my waste...but they can't do that in these maples with multiple trunks.

      Delete
  4. I am just in awe of the people who do this work. We had a guy here a couple years ago who was buying an old mower from us. He couldn't walk, but he was a tree trimmer! He used upper body strength to compensate. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great story. There's some strength to be found in all of us!

      Delete
  5. I’ve watched them work. It’s impressive, and a little bit scary.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.