Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Heron flying

 There was a great blue heron standing by the island in Lake Tomahawk the other day. He's been seen and photographed by others often, but it was my first chance to see him. And he honored me by taking off as soon as I started taking pictures.

Look right in the middle, at the furthest tip of the island. Sorry, my phone couldn't get any bigger image.




About then I wished I'd taken a video. But then I remembered my last video wouldn't upload onto the blog. So this is as good as it gets!
Sharing with Wild Bird Wednesday.

Today's quote:

"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." Oscar Wilde, author.

11 comments:

  1. Pretty new header photo! Great sighting and photos of the Heron! Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did well enough and took us there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...heron look totally different in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well to capture him at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't they amazing? I love watching them fly, they look like mini pterodactyls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos of that Heron. They are such beautiful birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eileen, thanks for your well wishes. AC, glad I could get just the idea of a bird flying away! Tom, you're right, many birds do show different aspects of their plumage in flight. Vicki, I don't think I was seriously thinking, just clicking away. Sue, yes, many of our birds remind us the are descended from dinosaurs! Robin, they certainly are beautiful, even regal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bird, and even more beautiful in flight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marvelous! I love seeing herons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Herons are wonderful birds - I always feel like I have seen something when I get a good view of one! We dont have this species in Australia - but we do have a number of others. Hope all is well SM

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.