Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Monday, July 17, 2023

And a movie - in the theatre

 

Leaving the Blackbird restaurant, we cross two streets...at a light.


I was coming to this movie knowing absolutely nothing about it. But I liked the name. I'm so glad it wasn't about a historic novel set in the 1700s. Nope. Not at all!



Wow, the phone said be still while it looked for enough light, and I guess it worked!


Yep the photos loaded backwards, again. But I'm too tired to cut and paste them into the correct order






"Past Lives" has a Korean cast, and much of the film has subtitles. But the heroine is an immigrant to America, and her dearest friend from when they were children is featured as well, how they come back together after she's married to an American man.

The theme of this beautifully rendered cinema is that past lives have connections to people in this lifetime, from their reincarnation. The Korean word for this (with English phonetic spelling) is In Yun. It is the backbone of this movie, with a very sweet romance that is never given any emotional outlet. It leaves the viewer with many emotions however.

Greta Lee, John Magaro and Teo Yoo are the central actorsPast Lives, writer-director is Celine Song’s debut feature
"It is almost assuredly predestined to be the single best movie you see this year."





5 comments:

  1. Never heard of the movie. Glad you could go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie is new to me, I have not been to the movies in years. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I haven't gone to a movie in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you and your friends went to the movies. It's been so many years since I watched a movie in a theater. Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a movie i would like.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.