Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Monday, July 10, 2023

Life by the lake

 

The Seven Sisters mountains are behind the fountain at Lake Tomahawk

It's a bit hard to discern, but most of these are young Canada geese, with a parent closest to me who has the black head and eye stripe, while the youth are still mainly brown. 



I loved watching as they belly flopped into the water, and for them it caused barely a ripple, and their heads stayed completely dry!

A warm enough morning at 9 am to start. The next day we decided to start at 8:30. Summer is upon us!

Today's quote:

True patriotism springs from a belief in the dignity of the individual, freedom and equality not only for Americans but for all people on earth, universal brotherhood and good will, and a constant and earnest striving toward the principles and ideals on which this country was founded.

 -Eleanor Roosevelt, diplomat, author, and lecturer 

(1884-1962)


16 comments:

  1. ...this is going to be a hot week here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I watered my plants this morning, the basil looked so shriveled up as well as the mint. The sun and heat are not their friends. Fortunately I can move their pots around on the porch. Take it easy with the heat, Tom.

      Delete
  2. That looks a very beautiful area. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome. I need to have your camera and your eye to find ways to capture it better, but I'm happy enough with simple iPhone pics.

      Delete
  3. Love your daylily header. You have a lovely spot for your walking. Pretty views of the lake. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. Loved your new lakeside header too. You photo of the ends of Ireland with a calm ocean almost looks like it's a lake too!

      Delete
  4. You take nice walks in such a beautiful place. Love seeing the lake, mountains, and geese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to just walk 2-3 times a week. KNow I should do more...but I stop to recharge along the way, thus the photos!

      Delete
  5. The fountain is a pretty focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put a day lily on my header this morning too. It has been on the warm side here but very rainy today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. And watch out for the parents, who would peck at my bare legs in an instant if I seemed to offer threat to their younguns!

      Delete
  8. Pretty lake pictures! I’d like for Eleanor Roosevelt to be reincarnated so she could run for president

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.