Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Sunday, July 16, 2023

An Asheville luncheon

 

It looked quite busy, but our party of three was seated immediately.



Checking out the menu!

I loved that the Blackbird Restaurant had a Crow Bar!


Taken from across the street, the Blackbird is on the corner under the W hotel. I can't remember what the double decker bus is called, but it just does coffee and snacks.


We paused for a quick selfie on our way to the movie (see tomorrow's post!)

Today's quote:


In a room where people unanimously maintain a conspiracy of silence, one word of truth sounds like a pistol shot. 
-Czeslaw Milosz, poet and novelist (1911-2004)

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I need to go there sometime. I've never been in a double-decker.

      Delete
  2. I hope you all had a good meal, I like the bus and your last selfie! Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this in Montreal? Looks like a fun place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this is the biggest nearby city of Asheville. It has lots of great places to visit, and I'm needing prodding to go see what's there!

      Delete
  4. You have such nice times out with good friends and enjoying the views and the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great that my friends come up with these plans. Due to the possible heat level, or rain, we canceled going to a nearby town, and decided a movie was just the thing. We arrived and parked near the theatre and them strolled along looking for a good restaurant. There were several to choose from. I'm not usually that spontaneous, unless the place we'd planned on is closed for some reason.

      Delete
    2. I guess spontaneous isn't really the right word...how about agreeable to changes.

      Delete
  5. No food pictures. I'm disappointed that I didn't see what you ordered. I haven't been to a movie in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My companions had French Toast with some berries thrown on top. I had an unassuming delicious BLT.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Well for the last 8-10 days I have sequestered myself in my cool AC. If I go someplace, I take photos! There was a women's program on Saturdday, I forgot, and I'll blog about it soon.

      Delete
  7. Aw that bus doesn’t actually bus? 😞

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.