Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, August 6, 2023

A Mudbuddy who also does jewelry

 Come toe the Tailgate Market any Saturday morning until almost Thanksgiving. Behind First Baptist Ch, but you'll see all the signs driving up Hwy 9/

Lots of fun earrings and pendants!

Better Potter Jones is the artist I'm sharing with you today. She says she's 39. I'm for that, as well as her energy and brilliant humor.

There's a nice fish platter in the top of this photo, with little orange fish floating around. Sorry I didn't capture it by itself!

Fun beads and pendants. (Bette says, you can tell I have a cat!)








Early in the Tailgate Market's day, a hot Saturday at the end of July, a family friend of Bette's talks with her and another Mudbuddy, Amelia (on left.)

Today's quote:
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung, psychiatrist (1875-1961)

15 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I hope your friend did well at the market, pretty jewelry. Take care, have a great day and a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I'm not sure that I want to be 39, but perhaps feel like 39!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That always looks like such a pleasant venue. At least, I think that is the one that I have seen before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Tailgate Market in Black Mountain has been in business for years....and I usually go once a month!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I can let you contact Bette if you're interested in it. She would be thrilled to sell it to you! bettemumfordjones@gmail.com is her email address.

      Delete
  5. Lovely jewelry and a fine day at the Tailgate market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice day. Earliest is best, before the crowd, and the opressive heat.

      Delete
  6. People do create some beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I"m so glad I know several creative people as friends!

      Delete
  7. Some beautiful and creative items. Hope she did well market.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was 39 for a long time, maybe not as long as Jack Benny. Then my children passed me, and I had to raise my age.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.