Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Some of the cars I saw at the classic car show

 I'll let them speak for themselves.


First an old MG TD or TF (not sure which) and the date wasn't available. Very nice condition.


Nicely displayed VW. Any year known? Special paint I'd guess. This won the People's Choice award for the show!

Some cars seemed to be arranged according to something about them. Otherwise it was a bit of a mishmash.


Some people liked the morning shade next to the old Bi-Lo Building. But I left at 10:30 and was beat. Imagine staying out there till 2:00 when it closed! Some smart display goers brought popup tents.

A racing car...

A Triumph




Many American "muscle cars" but no Vetts, and I think only one Mustang that I remember.

I will give you more of the really antique cars soon.


Today's quote:

I hold one share in the corporate earth and am uneasy about the management. 
-E.B. White, writer (1899-1985)


9 comments:

  1. Nice collection of antique cars. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's a start of my series from the car show!

      Delete
  2. ...I like the red and white Ford Shelby Cobra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once had (co-owned with my brother) a red MGA but the TD was my dream car--in British Racing Green with tan leather interior, preferably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boyfriend and I rode from Virginia to Connecticut and back one summer in a TD. His was red. The MGA's were dreamy. We got a sedan, can't remember the designation...in about 66.

      Delete
  4. Some old and classic beauties, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that quote. I am very concerned about the management myself.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.