Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, August 14, 2023

Enjoying listening rather than looking

 It was a strange exercise for me. To listen to the creek as it flowed gently over a few rocks. I wanted to keep clicking my camera. I wanted to swing my head up down and around to see everything.

 But I was on a listening adventure. Rather neat to hear two creek voices - one downstream where water hit rocks in a shallows, and upstream where it tumbled down over small cascades from above my head's height.


Where I sat...just a quiet place beside the stream.

Moss growing along the bank.

Looking down to where I put my chair on the right behind the slanting tree, from the bridge.

Some clarification of directions to trails for newcomers. I felt quite alone while sitting there before churches were out on Sunday. But the parking lot was full when I left. Glad to move through town easily and back home again.



Today's quote:

By harnessing the power of your imagination, you can realize your dreams.

10 comments:

  1. Hello
    Looks like a great place for a walk, it is good exercise. Take care, have a great day and happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm slowly getting back to taking walks...short to start, as always!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ha ha. I did have my ears flapping about. It's funny how different tones come through stronger...but since many friends have hearing aids, I understand that certain levels are lost and need a bit of umph of help. Maybe soon meself.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Exactly. Emily Dickenson was not far from my mind!

      Delete
  4. Lovely to hear the sound of that creek flowing by. Such a nice walk there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sound of running water is very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.