Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, August 4, 2023

Four Sisters Bakery behind the Red Rocker Inn

 The Red Rocker Inn is a popular B&B on Doughery St. in Black Mountain. They have a dining room behind the glass windows of a porch on the right...





Driving behind it is this interesting building. Not sure if it's also rooms to rent, or housing for the owners...or?

I was attracted to the old garage doors, and the pretty petunias.

A hot morning to be in the sun. And I see a fire pit way off in the distance...maybe for much cooler times of year.

I was happy to meet 4 month old "Fish" That's his name!

When Fish's parents left with a huge box of bakery goodies, the table invited more guests.

After a Catbird and a few sparrows checked it out, we were happy to see Mr. Cardinal. We were busy eating our bakery goodies, but took a few shots of this lovely guy.


I tired enticing more avian visitors with a crumb of my croissant on the railing, but alas, nobody took the bait before we left.


Today's quote:

The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.” Albert Einstein



14 comments:

  1. It looks charming, but I agree that it seems to want a somewhat cooler day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes our mornings don't heat up till 11. With yesterday's rain I imagine the humidity is right up there! Thank goodness I can close windows. The fire pit? Not my style.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place, the baked goods are a bonus. The dog named Fish is a cutie.
    Take care, have a happy day and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fish was very well behaved. Another something-doodle that I know hasn't learned a thing and jumps up on evreryone.

      Delete
  3. That looks like a lovely place. Love seeing that cardinal there. What a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a surprise, and our phone cameras started clicking away.

      Delete
  4. I guess it would be. I tend to prefer motels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely spot to stop and relax. Your cardinals are stunning birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am limited by using a phone camera. But the ease of just picking it out of my purse...can't be beat!

      Delete
  6. Just lovely, Barb. I would love to stay there some day. And a bakery! Oh yes, my kind of place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hidden away, but lots of us have been giving them business regularly.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.