Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Memories of another water excursion

 A repost with other water being the treat, Thanksgiving 2011 on the Hillsborough River in Tampa FL>

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Friday

 Wonderful Florida weather brought the Sandhill Cranes out for a stroll along the
 street.  It reminds me that these ancient birds return to their same lands even
though people have planted their homes and roads right on top of them.

The majestic cranes just ambled away towards the water which has been reshaped to include a golf course.

Will had some fun with french fries and the illusions of two dimensional pictures .

Marty and his son, enjoying lunch with me.


Then a great treat...a canoe ride on the Hillsborough River with these two gentlemen.

Yep, me in the bow with the camera. 





A lovely afternoon with my son and his son...who smiles just like me!

11 comments:

  1. Great family photos. I love the Sandhill Cranes. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Aren't they incredible? They just would walk in a stately manner through this suburband neighborhood, probably wondering where their marsh had gone.

      Delete
  2. ...I had never seen a Sandhill Cranes until last week. Enjoy your memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sometimes fun to look back and see what wonderful times I've had.

      Delete
  3. Lovely collection of photos. Love those Sandhill Cranes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I should also give credit to my son's in-laws who lived on the Hillsborough River at the time and provided canoes, paddles and life vests! Thanks to the Arkwrights!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. We're all a bit older every time I look in the mirror.

      Delete
    2. I spent about a year as a redhead. That time. Interesting nobody commented about it!

      Delete
  5. The Hillsborough is a beautiful river. Lucky you to have canoed on it!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.