Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Antique Car Show

 Last Saturday I walked briefly around in the sweltering heat (and humidity).  

I tried to tell the Sepia Saturday people last month that I was going to have old car photos after the 29th of July. But they've already gone on to school days for the August theme. Well, a day late, and perhaps a dollar short, has always been close to my life.

A restored Anglia delivery truck. The owner said it had not been lowered, but this was its original height. That may be all that's original, besides the metal and chasis of course.

It now has a 350 Chevy engine in it.

Very nice leather seats with "Thames: on them. A roll bar and leather interior as well. Gone are the days this little truck delivered bread or milk in Brittain. Not to mention left hand steering.



Sharing with Sepia Saturday. There are some more antique cars which will have to wait for a future post. Now on to find some school days photos in my collections for next Saturday!


Today's quote:

"Darwinism is not a testable scientific theory, but a metaphysical research program. And yet, the theory is invaluable. I do not see how, without it, our knowledge could have grown as it has done since Darwin."

Karl Popper

Karl Popper is generally regarded as one of the greatest philosophers of science of the twentieth century. He was also a social and political philosopher of considerable stature, a self-professed critical-rationalist, a dedicated opponent of all forms of scepticism and relativism in science and in human affairs generally and a committed advocate and staunch defender of the “Open Society”.


17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It even has roll bars in the back area. Now who would race this pretty little truck!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I didn't catch the year it was made. Just someone's fun to tinker with hobby.

      Delete
  3. A pretty snazzy lookin' vehicle there! The front end reminds me of Ford's Edsel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very cheerful red - beautifully restored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think with the roll-bar it might be considered a hot-rod, though I don't know what terminology goes with any of these Hot Cars!

      Delete
  5. The older they are, the more interesting they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True enough. I didn't bat an eye at all the "muscle cars" though I know my sister had a T-bird (none at this show) and a Pontiac GTO.

      Delete
  6. Pretty cool, and like Anvilcloud, the older the more I am interested in seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I asked if the car that had been in the ad was coming, a nicely restored yellow coupe...don't know the make, but I do know where it lives, right next to our church! The folks I asked (who weren't putting the show on but had their on cars on display) said maybe it just wasn't there yet.

      Delete
  7. I recognized that car immediately! For a few years before high school and music I had a hobby of assembling/modifying model cars, mostly as hot rods, though of course I couldn't drive then. The Ford Anglia was one of my favorites. I don't think I saw a real one though until I first went to England in the '80s. But over there they aren't painted in blazing fire red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you think about the left hand drive on this one? Is that something that can be switched like the new engine and adding roll bars?

      Delete
  8. That's an amazing truck. Love the fire-engine red. Hard to believe it rode so low, but what an excellent restoration job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may have been low in England, but since this little beauty has had so many face lifts, I'm sure there's a few inches off her axles too.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.