Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, August 11, 2023

Sake Sushi Restaurant

 On Wednesday around noon, the temperature was balmy 72...really cool feeling. Until I came home and my driveway and parking lot were about 79. But later the coolness crept into my woods too. Rain is coming. Big rain if I listen to the forecasts.

Since I didn't win the lottery, I was happy to meet my friend for lunch. She had just had some dental work done, at the usual exorbitant price, but felt really good. So we indulged in Japanese fare.

It was a nice cool cloudy day and we ate on the porch.

The interior must have more Japanese decor, but I couldn't see inside from here!!

My Teraki entree of Tofu and vegetables...lots to take home!

My friend had the Bento Box with Vegetable Tempura. She found the same thing I noticed on my second ordering of this dish...the Tempura batter was a bit thick and not totally cooked on some of the veggies.


Here's my super moon, the blur in the trees! Just to let you see I do sometimes stay up after sunset!

My lovely basil is just going crazy these days!


Today's quote:

Illness is in part what the world has done to a victim, but in a larger part it is what the victim has done with his world. -Karl A. Menninger, psychiatrist (1893-1990)


13 comments:

  1. ...this wouldn't be for me, how about BBQ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of sushi. Your basil is looking great. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We neither one had the sushi itself...but are happy to have plant based dishes with Japanese style cooking. I'm not a fan of raw fish myself either. Though I do like the sauces that come with it.

      Delete
  3. I've noticed that batter problem from time to time.

    Shift+Enter will insert a line break in your photo descriptions if you don't want them to overflow past the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That teriyaki tofu looks so yummy. I may have to look up a recipe and try that sometime. That basil plant is looking good. Reminds me that we forgot to plant basil this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, I forgot to login... this anonymous comment is from Robin!

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear from you Robin. Basil tips are still good, but the bigger leaves are getting kind of dry. The tofu had been rolled in sesame seeds then fried, then added to the teriyaki. Very good.

      Delete
  5. Nice basil plant, we couldn't find one this year. My avocado finally showed a root, it took months waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for your avocado! Both of my attempts this year were failures. Maybe next time. By the time the second one finally looked possible, it also succumbed to the moldy stuff that got the first one. White fly they called it.

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.