Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, November 6, 2023

And then I found these interesting photos with no particular link between them.

 

Mattie Ross' home as seen at the end and beginning of the movie "True Grit."

I'm guessing this is a remake of the one with John Wayne?

Sharing with Monday Murals!

Bright sunlight giving lots of tree shadows on this mural in Asheville...kind of hard to see!

That's sure a lot of bricks to paint!



And this hodge podge is where I look every day when I lift my eyes away from the screen on that laptop! Most of these are my pottery and sculptures. I did give my cousins some of them a few weeks ago. They are the source of this photo as well!



I haven't shared much art lately, so will be posting at least one of the pieces I've got in my Art folder for your "pleasure" or not.  This is Apartment House of the Future by Grant E. Hamilton, in Judge Magazine in 1895.


Today's quote:

Your voice dries up if you don't use it. -Patti Page, singer (1927-2013)



15 comments:

  1. ...it's nice to surround yourself with things that you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing those murals and all the beautiful pottery sculptures you have there. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several pieces in that photo went home with cousin John.

      Delete
  3. Great perspective, it looks like there is a street in-between two buildings. Very well done, and couldn't have been easy to paint over brick. You have a big pottery collection. The apartment house of the future looks very crowded and messy, lol.
    Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my night dreams sometimes feel like that apartment house!

      Delete
  4. I love the pottery collection. What a feeling of pride it must give you! Or maybe, since pride is one of the deadly sins, call it satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I have a few pieces that I love...and many that I want to give away at this point!

      Delete
  5. Quite a collection there. You should do a post feature a couple of those at a time so we can get a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a pottery blog at one time...which evolved into sharing art by others. I will be giving many pieces to relatives and friends in the next year or so.

      Delete
  6. The mural looks real where it is located, I like it. Nice collection of pottery too. I didn't know there was a remake of True Grit. I've seen the original many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed (perhaps on purpose) seeing it in 2010. Thanks, glad you like my pots.

      Delete
  7. The apartment building of the future in the 1890s looks as if it didn't predict that electric lighting would mean that you could have big buildings without windows -- which is where we are now, and that's our problem.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was impressed with the mural. It is beautiful even with the tree shadow. So very well done. You have some incredible pots and sculptures. Very eye appealing.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.