Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, November 9, 2023

My little corner of the world

 

Yes windows are open, Nov 4, 2023. Temperatures up to 70.


Nov. 5, 2023, Temperature up to 70 still in afternoons.

The Thanksgiving Cactus is going crazy. But this is its heyday and it will be gone by the 23rd I'm afraid.


The blossoms are so strange in their multiple petals, they remind me somehow of shrimp. 

By the 7th and 8th the temperatures were in high 70s in the afternoons. Yes we do enjoy being outside. But it foretells of something sinister to come, my elder gut tells me. Rain is forecast, at least a little, for Friday. But we've all heard that before.

Another very pink photo - this time the Good Witch Glenda!


15 comments:

  1. ...I'd be happy with a bit of rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but I do enjoy being outside with this very nice weather for people doing things.

      Delete
  2. It snowed overnight. Maybe I'll take a picture from the window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it is warm enough there to open the windows on a beautiful day. I see that the plants love it too. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, and yesterday and today it's actually too warm outside...had to close windows to keep cool.

      Delete
  4. We had snow early this morning. I changed my header to show what's out the window. I have a Cactus but no blooms showing yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, going to look for your post now! Just came in from visiting Asheville downtown with friends, including the library's sales-room.

      Delete
  5. Not flower related but i love that meme. I'm becoming more and more like that post lockdown...ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thanksgiving cactus is named that because of when it flowers? Thanks for sharing with #Allseasons

      Delete
  6. We have a little rain, enough to dampen things a bit. Smoke in the air has me hoping for a really drenching rain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely blooms! Unseasonably warm here too, Barb. And we need rain so badly. Had a bit last night, not nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty flowers! It was warm here today, but we got rain this morning and now it’s cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cactus flowers are beautiful. Nice that you are able to open the windows :) Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.