Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving (in the US)

 

I hope this link works...Robin Wall Kimmerer shares "Corn Tastes Better On The Honor System" with Emergence MagazineHERE.

If you're not familiar with Robin Wall Kimmerer, I would like to introduce you to one of my favorite authors. 

Emergence says this:

As we approach Thanksgiving this year, we are sharing one of our favorite features: “Corn Tastes Better on the Honor System,” by Potawatomi mother, scientist, and professor Robin Wall Kimmerer, with intricate illustrations and stop-motion animations made of hand-folded paper, by Suus Hessling. Taking us through maize’s nine-thousand-year history, Robin reflects on the ancient circle of reciprocity and collaboration that links this plant with humans, and considers what has been severed in this once deeply sacred relationship.








Today's quote:

 "think how much more interesting the news coverage would be if a liar's pants really did catch on fire!" from Patio Postcards Blog http://patioposts.blogspot.com/





11 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always so great to come to the computer and see your blog posts, Tom!

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Barb. And thanks for all the posts on two blogs! WOW!........suzi/smartcat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to much time on my hands apparently! Thank you for all your positive comments here!

      Delete
  4. where are you celebrating this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was planning a veggie feast on my own, and then a friend invited me to "non-traditional" celebration this evening. I will be grateful to share a meal she has prepared. My tofurky will wait till tomorrow, or the next day. I'm hoping to make phone contacts with my three sons and families.

      Delete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! Have a wonderful and celebratory day. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm very thankful for blogging friends like you!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.