Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Monday, November 27, 2023

Neither Here nor There

  By the time most of you are reading this, I will be at my dental clinic having my teeth cleaned at 7:30 am. Then I'll think about breakfast! I know AC will be up way before me, but he's exceptional.

Roadside Memorial for those lost in Lahaina, Hawaii wildfire in August 2023

Nicolae Grigorescu - Andreescu at Barbizon - 1880.


Wish this motherly woman had come to my house. But I don't have a stove like that anyway.

Me at the dermatologist's - all is well.

Me after accidentally giving myself several skin tears over several days...and getting a nurse to give me first aid. The finger tear is back at the knuckle joint, but she just got crazy wrapping it up! Fortunately they are both healing fine. I still don't wash dishes...wonder how long that will go on. I've got rubber gloves.


Yesterday we had a US map with low temperature averages. This Dymaxion Map by Buckminster Fuller allows us to see appropriate sizes of each continent by cutting the globe in a different way from the often misleading Mercator version. Sorry Canada, you shrink to your real size!

Today's quote:

Caregiving often calls us to lean into love we didn’t know possible.

TIA WALKER




12 comments:

  1. I hope you are healing well! You have a good reason not to wash dishes. The kitty image is cute.
    Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a kick out of the kitties' caption saying someone named Barb had fainted with the sight of a mouse in her coffee cup. I'd be right there with her!

      Delete
  2. AC is just weird, not exceptional. While I was up at 5:30 today, I've slept closer to 6:30 a few times recently. Of course, I went to bed a little earlier on those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I like your version of exceptionally weird! I left home at 7:10 and stopped for a McD's coffee which I stopped later on the Blue Ridge Parkway to drink on the way home.

      Delete
  3. Yikes! What an early appointment! But at least you have it over and done and the whole day ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These early mornings give me such a long day. At 7:30 last night I was ready to go to bed...but alas, needed to get myself more tired before I could sleep. Good book!

      Delete
  4. Those kittens and the caption made me laugh. Hope healing happens fast for your tears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lady was cooking up a storm! Must have been a special occasion. And those kittens, how funny! I hope your skin heals quickly, no fun being cocooned up like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really had it with this skin limitation. I don't hurt at least, like many other people's problems. So I'm grateful for this slow process that hopefully will bring me back to wholeness.

      Delete
  6. Buckminster Fuller was a genius. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.