Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Last market for 2023


My friends drove over an hour to purchase their wreathes from Urban Farm Girl. I was really tempted. The dried flowers were wonderful in wreathes! Friends also wanted to reconnect with friends here!



Though I didn't get involved in the pie tasting, I did support the market by purchasing a nice yellow tee shirt with a sunflower on it.




The Mudbuddies had to keep holding the legs of their pop-up when wind gusts would blow through. Everyone was well tied down, with so many tents it was good.



I supported Girl Scouts and a local cheese vendor, as well as one selling Elderberry syrup.

My lunch at the Black Mountain Bistro consisted of seafood chowder and a half chicken salad sandwich, a few diet cokes, and some home-made chips. There were some salads also among our lunch choices. And there were some Berry Pie deserts as well as one Bistro Bites...little brownie bites, heated with ice cream on top. I didn't look at it while my friend ate it.


The good friends sitting across from me. I had two shy friends sitting next to me. It was great to be with them all again...all Mudbuddies through the years. 


Today's quote:

One does not ask of one who suffers: What is your country and what is your religion? One merely says: You suffer, that is enough for me. -Louis Pasteur, chemist and bacteriologist (1822-1895)


I met this cute spaniel on my way into the market...there were a few dogs, a few strollers, and a few younger people. But I kept seeing my friends, most of whom I must admit are qualified to be called elders.

10 comments:

  1. The market visit and lunch with your friends sounds like a great time. Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed all the day. Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  2. That came a cross as a very good last market day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so overwhelming...and many new craftspeople too. My friends said the food vendors kind of were lost in the rest of the beautiful variety.

      Delete
  3. ...all good things come to an end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not made it every Saturday this year, but the Mudbuddies were there come rain or cold or heat for 6 months.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful time with friends there at the market and at lunch. Nice day! (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy meeting friends again. The market was a bit overwhelming though. Have a good week, Robin!

      Delete
  5. You sure stay busy! I admire your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our farmer's market moved indoors early this month and will stay there through the end of April.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.