Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Auction fun

 Finally getting a chance to share my new purchases, from the auction at church Saturday evening.

Larry (in purple) did a good job as auctioneer, and the two young ladies showed the audience each piece that was being bid upon.
This quilt was hand made in wedding ring pattern. I wish I could have bid on it, but it still went for just about half of its market value, as did most of the things that night! The couple sitting in the pew just in front of me had purchased my hand painted ceramic plate of the green man. I was so happy that they did. She may say she can't do a thing artistically, but she has a good eye for beauty! They also provide wonderful food for many of the church functions, or at least set up and clean up for pot lucks.

The beautiful queen size quilt went home to someone else...wish I remembered who!

But, these were my goodies!

A Peugot ceramic cooking pan, from freezer to oven safe. I loved it's cheerful color, though I definitely didn't need it. But now I can bring something to pot lucks...oh, I now have to figure out a lid for it!

And that was my purchase at 11:58 this morning just as the auction on-line closed.

For the bidding in person, I couldn't resist a couple of pillows which were of hand woven wool by a friend from church. 
If they had looked better in this photo, I might have considered them in the on-line bidding.

But in person I could see the sparkles, and feel how soft they are. And they are the white tones that I have other throw pillows to match. The sparkles are something woven into the thread I think. Mmm, I think all the dark spots in the photo are actually sparkles. Let me try more light.



Oh boy, they are hand beaded things, with minimal color. I'm so happy!



Today's quote:
Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly. 
-Rose Franken, author and playwright (1895-1988)












11 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The quilt is beautiful. I like your new cooking pan. Those otters are adorable. Take care, happy Sunday! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Sunday to you Eileen. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. The pan looks great, and I'm sure the pillows look and work great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't a pot! I wanted to think it was the size of a soup pot. Oh well, deflated hopes once again! I had one pillow in my back last night and noticed it felt warm compared to the chair back. Mmmm.

      Delete
  3. ...quilts don't bring the money that they use to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that work! This one was in the newer version of having been machine quilted. But even then, just the piecework by someone is totally worthwhile.

      Delete
  4. What treasures! I love the red pot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just see something bubbly and delicious against the red.

      Delete
  5. You did well. I like those pillows!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.