Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, November 11, 2023

The day trip this week

Our three (Not) Musketeers went down the road to Asheville NC. To visit some stores, eat at a nice restaurant, and go to at least one book sale.

Across the street from Malaprops Bookstore. Our early arrival around 10:15 meant we window shopped until many stores opened at 11.

We decided we'd be back later to Woolworth Walk...where many arts and crafts are displayed in a lot of little booths. For purchases you just pick something up and go to the front counter to pay for it!


We enjoyed reading the chakras on the Tibetan Prayer Flags. Though it was fun to capture our own smiles in the window!


Wall St goes off to the left (in this photo) around the Flat Iron Building.




I found this green ball in the path in this store, so kicked it away, only to find it belonged to this lovely black Poodle.




We did shop in the tiny store on the right at street level in the Public Service Building, after lunch.

It was known by having lots of sayings to muse over and perhaps take home. 

These are the large letters cut out of a Readers Digest volume. There were also smaller ones above, but no "C"s for my friend to give to her granddaughter.

Lunch at the Early Girl, which was open and two of us decided a brunch choice would be ideal. Our vegan friend had an impossible burger.


I'll share a bit more next time...

Today's quote: 

We all live in a community, in one way or another, and we all have an opportunity to make it better in some way

Yes a pot bellied pig!

Sharing with Saturday's Critters...can you count how many we saw, including Ms. Piggy too?


15 comments:

  1. ...we have several flat iron buildings here, but not a flat iron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what's inside our flat our building actually.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a good day for three good ladies. But I am glad it was you and not me. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't buy a thing, until we got to used books!

      Delete
  3. Hello Barbara,
    I enjoyed seeing your critters! The dog is a favorite along with the pot-bellied pig. The lunch with your friends with some shopping sounds fun. Love the reflection photo! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear from you Eileen. I guess the frog didn't count, being plaster and all. But there's also a tiny dog on a leash in the very first sculpture of three people in metal. Happy weekend.

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos of your day there. It is so nice to see the reflection of the three of you in the store window. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like setting that up, having seen two of us in the sunlight, I asked the other to back up...and she went sideways, then behind me, until I explained the purpose, to just get in the picture!

      Delete
  5. Nice and yes, I see "the critter". What a big one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if that's Mr or Miss Piggy. She certainly lives up to her name.

      Delete
  6. We lived in Asheville for many years and I miss it. I always enjoy your photos and catching of glimpse of this special part of the mts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to share - and there will be more. I try to edit out a lot of the photos, but still have to limit the numbeer I share in one post!

      Delete

  7. Sounds like you all had a wonderful day trip to Asheville! Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.