Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Saturday, November 4, 2023

We're so thrilled to bloom!

   

The pre-Thanksgiving Cactus is just going like crazy, popping all these wonderful flowers on almost every branch1


And then the deep red geraniums bloom still, but drop petals all over the table. Sigh.

We're due for warm weather soon, so she's going back outside, which I have the job of cleaning out the pots of plants that froze this week outside. I couldn't very well bring them all inside!

Soon I'll post what happened to the coleus with the frost!

Sharing with Floral Friday!


Today's quote:

What an incredible power we have, to walk through the world, making somebody’s day.

KRISTA TIPPETT








10 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so pretty. I love the Thanksgiving Cactus. The donkey is so cute! Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colour to brighten the day. Enjoy the warmer weather. We're not too cold right now, about 50F during the day, but it has been gloomy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you all are in a "thaw spell" also. Clouds don't help though. We're dry and might be considered in drought and have warnings not to burn outside things.

      Delete
  3. I purposely left my big pots of impatiens out and they did, indeed, get zapped--except for two brave flowering branches. So I snipped them off and brought them i to root.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When cutting back the very frost bitten coleus I noticed green in the main stems. So it's now inside in the sun, and has been given some liquid fertilizer. We shall see. I have 3 cuttings from it to also put in that pot that have rooted.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I am such a happy camper when things make flowers...a miracle!

      Delete
  5. Love that cactus! Mine has buds but like last year, the shock of moving inside will probably make them fall off. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.