Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Wednesday, November 1, 2023

It is the month of November today

...which means, my father's birth anniversary on Nov 9, (1917), Veterans Day on Nov 11, as well as birthday for cousin Patricia Rogers Seliger (1946)...then on the 23rd, Thanksgiving all over America, and then the crazy shopping of which I never take part of Black Friday.

Diwali occurs on Nov 12, for the returning of light!  Cousin Cynthia E Rogers has a birthday on the 18th (1958)

Rabbit rabbit for luck for all who wish to have it declared by others to them.


Granddaughters and their parents raised bunnies and sold them when they lived in Connecticut. The little girls loved to play with them. So a circular flexible fence was brought outside and the girls could get in it with the bunnies...maybe just one or two at a time.


Since moving to Ohio, they have a Pomeranian dog, Cody, also slightly fluffy, who the parents take for walks. 

So what does November mean in your life?
I understand it's the month dedicated to Native Americans. That should be interesting.



Today's quote:

Every one of us is precious in the cosmic perspective. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another. -Carl Sagan, astronomer and writer (9 Nov 1934-1996)


12 comments:

  1. I hope November resolves the worst of your problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy November to you! Love the cute bunnies. Take care, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...yes, be silly, be fun, be different, be crazy, be you. Life is too short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There we go on the merry-go-round! Laughing away!

      Delete
  4. Ah, November! Time to gear up for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never have cooked the tofurkey yet, but don't think I will have anyone to share it with, so may cook sooner rather than on the holiday!

      Delete
  5. November was always an important month for my family when I was growing up. My parents anniversary was November 15th, my brother's birthday is November 26th and our favorite family holiday was Thanksgiving. It was definitely our month of celebrations. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents' anniversary was also in November, but I didn't really celebrate that with them. Except one year when my sister and I demanded that they kiss each other. It was really hard for them to do so. They never demonstrated their love, but they did share their lives for a long time.

      Delete
  6. November is here already. Must consider all the things I'm thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll need to keep busy in the coming weeks, and try to avoid certain settings.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.