Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Friday, February 9, 2024

A bird, a sheep, and clouds

I told my grandson and his girlfriend taht on their cruise in the Caribbean I'd be a seagull watching them.  The joke was that they couldn't tell which gull was really me. He took this photo of the bird, and sent it to me. Who knows what she (the gull) saw, it wasn't me that time!

The Black Mountain Yarn Shop shows a sheep, and there's a possibility one might be confused and think it was a black sheep...

A solar heart in the sky...
The wonderful intersection of the street I was stopped on, US 70 (State St) and crossing of NC 9 (Montreat Rd) gave a view of the Town Hardware on the far corner. And a few clouds up high or in the distance at the edge of the mountains.

Sharing with Thankful Thursday!

Sharing with Skywatch Friday!


Today's quote:

Politics, as a practice, whatever its professions, has always been the systematic organization of hatreds. 

-Henry Adams, historian and teacher (1838-1918)
 

18 comments:

  1. What a pleasant post about gulls and sheep and that terrific heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And of course I didn't know the heart was there until I saw it on the computer! Nice surprise.

      Delete
  2. I love that your grandson took a photo of that seagull. Sweet! You photograph of the cloud shows a beautiful iridescent heart cloud. I love it! (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He posted lots of shots of his girlfriend and himself...so I sometimes commented. Then I noticed the only other comments were from his mother. So I kind of backed off. But I loved the connection we had of the seagull story!

      Delete
  3. What a creative post. The cloud is very nice an d the story along the bird also. https://momentsfrozentime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second try to comment on yours...thanks for stopping by. I'll check out your blog now.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Just about positive there would be a few on his trip!

      Delete
  5. Ooooo, that quote. Spot on. And a bit scary really.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was surprised to see a quotation from the ineffable Henry Adams (I almost wrote a dissertation on The Education of Henry Adams); he was always pretty good at truth-telling. But the gull photo story is really nice, and I also appreciate your sentiments regarding the Tsalagi people. I'm glad you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a heartwarming story with the seagull... and: a true quote!
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a thing to tell a kid. I'll have to remember that except we don't have very many seagulls in Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that seagull and what a cloud heart! Very nice. Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.