Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Monday, February 19, 2024

Looking at walls

 

As I leave Montreat NC, I pass under it's stone gateway. Sorry about reflections.



Tom Sawyer's friends have put many coats of white paint on this basement wall of bricks...but you can see the iron of the bricks seeping though over time. 



Yes, these walls are in the basement of the Black Mountain Center for the Arts...which was once used for the jail.

There's more to this story!

But to complete the story I started last Monday about the murals on this building, I noticed the one on the stairway today, which is described in the plaque about all the murals.

Here it is:

I hadn't seen the "Universal Citizen" mural yet...but this time I found it!

Universal Citizen


Today's quote:

Our loving intentions can easily transform the space in which we live.


However, do you think a prisoner in that jail could have had loving intentions enough to transform his space? Me neither. But we always have the ability to change our own way of reacting to reality around us.

3 comments:

  1. ...if you take down walls, they can become bridges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry nobody gave me any comment about the thinking of one who is in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was jail once where our museum is now. After that IT WAS A SCHOOL. (capslonck)

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.