Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The elephant on the corner

 Nicely appointed restaurant. Thai Basil offers a variety on its menu, all of which are delicious!






Today's quote:

“Writing is considered a profession, and I don’t think it is a profession. I think that everyone who does not need to be a writer, who thinks he can do something else, ought to do something else. Writing is not a profession but a vocation of unhappiness. I don’t think an artist can ever be happy.” Georges Simenon, who wrote over 500 novels and short stories, many of them featuring a compassionate detective named Jules Maigret, who enjoyed fine wine, his wife, and solving cases by pondering human nature, rather than using violence.

Sharing with Tuesdays Treasures

Note to commenters: last night when I logged on and read your comments, blogger wouldn't allow me to reply. If that keeps happening, I'll go through the various help systems. But I do read them all!

9 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have not tried a Thai restaurant! I would have to talk my hubby into, someday. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Levels of spicy make the dishes delicious, lots of rice and veggies, but choices of protein to be added.

      Delete
  2. ...there no missing this spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy it sometimes. Take out is my preference unless friends want a leisurely dining experience.

      Delete
  3. I don't think too many people go back to read comments to their comments, but maybe some get replies automatically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it's reading the replies to other's comments that are interesting sometimes!

      Delete
  4. We've discovered a nice Thai restaurant nearby, too. Vegetables are so fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only tried Thai once and was not impressed. I think I need to give it another chance...whenever I have an opportunity. Here, anything besides Mexican or Chinese is an hour away. Oh, wait. There is a very pricey Japanese place. Not in our budget.

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.