Black Mountain

Lake Tomahawk, May 8, 2024

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Happy Valentine's Day

 

Love to all. 

Love to those who think the same way I do.

Love to those who don't think the same way I do.

Love to those who are gentle and loving, who are open minded and caring, who are smiling through difficulties. 

And love (especially) to those who don't love, to those who hate, hurt, and are hurting deep in their hearts.

Love offers the possibility of forgiveness even as punishment is given based on justice.

Yes, Love To All.

Regardless.

-------------
This was written in 2018 for dealing with the craziness emanating from the tRump administration. Women were marching by the millions. And then what happened? The Supreme Court knocked down Roe v Wade...and now there's an election which could again put him in command and hand us over to Putin. The thousands of women and children dying in Gaza due to extremist military actions, terrorists supported by one group or another. The Ukraine hanging on by a thread against the might of Russia, and our extremist politicians playing games while people die, and not just in the Ukraine, but along the borders of the US.

So much need to find love in my heart, compassion for those who are evil...yes that's where I think we are now.


13 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day! More love, less hate. Take care, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's Day to you also...sending lots of love to everyone!

      Delete
  2. ...have a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're better than I. I don't have much compassion for the evil and stupid although I know deep inside that they can't hep it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I sure do believe in justice for things done wrong. And I definitely block every tRump posting on Facebook, for my own sanity. He's way down the list of those I need to love!

      Delete
  4. Sigh! T Rump is showing his true colors. I remember when his kind would’ve been jailed as a traitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some history events that this reminds me of, when the Teapot Dome Scandal happened, I think. Basically guys with a lot of money tried to run things and somehow the right efforts prevailed, but not without suffering. At least that's one thing I remember. Politics has often had some really dirty stuff happening, and now it's broadcast all over the place. I keep thinking of how an assassination would solve so much.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's truly hard to have any compassion for those who follow tRump. I like to think they've been brainwashed or just accept the dribble and lies they are told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely the ones I worry about. I know I live among them. Fortunately nobody talks politics at the lunch tables...where I may be sitting right next to the most disillusioned among us. I would sure have something to say if they tried to spout their lies!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Ah, very true...and very hard to do. At 5 pm every Wednesday some friends from my UU church and others go stand on the main corner in town and wave signs saying "LOVE." People honk and wave at them. Usually 5-8 people. I bet there will be more today!

      Delete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.