Black Mountain

The greening of the mountains from Blue Ridge Rd, Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Friday, December 2, 2022

A short walk

 The warm weather beckons me outside. I love feeling the land beneath my feet, rather than concrete or asphalt, even rather than my own floors inside.



The pavillion has lights hung. Now I just need to come by some evening to see them,


This would be a great photo for reflections, or Fences make good Neighbors. I wonder if those memes still happen somewhere.




Then there's this welcoming bench...

If you wish to wade, or fly to sit upon it!


Just another place to acknowledge that nature, in the form of wet mud and waddling feet of ducks and geese, will make their ways where no person might tread.


Today's Quote:
We are like tenant farmers chopping down the fence around our house for fuel when we should be using Nature's inexhaustible sources of energy -- sun, wind, and tide. ..David Abram, Becoming Animal: An Earthly Cosmology.

15 comments:

  1. Hello,
    The bench looks a little too close to the water. I hope no one falls in. Cute ducks. Take care, enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think agile folks could step over the back and thus sit there!

      Delete
  2. We ar e not drawn to benches at this time of year and for many more months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I hope that you will enjoy many beautiful day like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, I need to be reminded to get outside more often. Cold itself is something I can cope with. Not cold and rain however.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Yes, our poor lives are so dependent on fossil fuels! Except the smart people who've adapted.

      Delete
  5. I always love seeing your lovely walks there. Beautiful. (NewRobin13)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful day for stroll. We had our town's Christmas lights switched on tonight, so that was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not so warm here, but nice to be outside anyway!

    ReplyDelete

So glad to have your comments...whatever they may be. I'm one who likes to reply sometime or another, so others will see that; or you might happen back sometime and see what conversation might have started.